Wednesday, September 10, 2008

ProFlex 854, one of the first full suspension bikes made

I got this from a neighbor a year or two ago who had it in an outside building. He nor I knew anything about it at the time. It was in great condition, just needed tires as they had dry rotted. It still had the originals, barely used. I also had to replace the MCU springs(yellow bushing, which were a bitch to find). They crumbled into nothing when I sat on it. Its a kickass bike and very light.

Link to magazine articles about it:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1448

Specs:
http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1994&Brand=ProFlex&Model=854&Type=bike

2 comments:

Azrael71 said...

I bought one of these from new.
An absolutely brilliant bike for it's time.
The only issue after a few years was new bushings and elastomers :(
I ended up selling mine for next to nothing to a gut in lancaster, UK.
Broke my f**king heart the day I had to let her go.
If only I had had more room :0

René said...

Hi Rick,
I also have a Proflex 854 and the yellow elastomers have also crumbled to nothing. Where did you find a replacement for both rear and front shocks?